Authentic and Inspired Recipes for Mexico’s Favorite Street Food
CHEF JASON WYRICK
Available September 2014
Celebrated chef Jason Wyrick showcases the liveliness of Mexican flavors and textures with recipes for traditional and creative tacos you can make at home, featuring your own homemade tortillas, salsas, and condiments.
These recipes, based on genuine recipes gathered across Mexico, allow you to make authentic tacos using plant-based ingredients. The long-time publisher of The Vegan Culinary Experience points the way to making your own taco components from scratch, while also providing options to substitute store-bought ingredients.
In your own home taquería, you’ll be making tantalizing recipes such as:
- Tacos Mole with Seared Zucchini, Wilted Chard, and Pepitas
- Tacos with Pintos Borrachos and Vegan Queso Fresco
- Tacos with Smoked Mushroom, Jalapeno, and Lime
- Tacos de Canasta with Coconut Chipotle Frijoles
- Breakfast Tacos with Rajas, Mojo Scramble, and Pintos
- Cinnamon Tortilla Tacos with Spicy Cajeta Apples, Pecans, and Agave Crema
- and many more
The author shares his passion for tacos with sections of essential ingredients, tips, and shortcuts that simplify the cooking techniques for the modern kitchen. There is also a chapter of beverage recipes such as Mango Lime Agua Fresca, Sweet Tamarind Tea, and Desert Sage Spritzer; a section on how to host a taquiza (taco party).
Vegan Heritage Press
Paperback, 288 pages, $21.95
Pub Date: September 23rd, 2014