Join us in Italy as we explore Cilento Park and the history of the South, Pompeii, and the Amalfi Coast for a week of food, relaxation, and history. The south of Italy is incredibly vegan friendly and also has some of the best food we have ever tasted, with an emphasis on fresh ingredients and unadulterated flavors.
Tour Highlights: 2 Vegan Cooking Classes, Wood-fire Vegan Pizza Night, Pompeii, the Monastery of Padula, Wild Foraging, the Temples of Paestum, the Grottos of the Cilento Coast, Boat Rides, the Artisans of Vietri sul Mare, the Castle of Roccadaspide, the Amalfi Coast, and a night in Rome.
Comforts: First class accommodations at villas in Cilento Park and the Amalfi Coast, a first class comfortable motor coach, and English-speaking guides, all vegan food with opportunities for those who are not entirely vegan to set off on their own.
Cost: $2,595.00 USD (does not include airfare)
Registration: To register, please contact Donna at Green Earth Travel at 301-229-5666 or at email@example.com.
- Day 1– Pick up in Naples (airport code NAP), then we drive down to Cilento Park, stopping in Vietri Sul Mare to see ceramic making demos from one of the most famous ceramic areas in the world. Pompeii for a guided tour before checking into our villa and meeting for dinner.
- Day 2– Village of Felitto – Harvest nature walk where we will learn about all the wild greens, vegetables and herbs that have been used for centuries in the local dishes of the Park of Cilento. After our harvest walk tour and cooking lesson we will have lunch in a local farm house. After lunch we can choose to take a ride down the river on a paddle boat or a nature walk thought the mountain of Felitto.
- Day 3– Our first stop is the Monastery of Padula, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest antiquity of southern Italy. We will have lunch in Villa Cosilinum, a beautiful restored villa at the top of this village. We will then have a tour of the Joe Petrosino home before heading back to hotel for a cooking class.
- Day 4– Drive down the Coast of Cilento to the fishing village of Palinuro where we will take a boat ride to the Five Grottos of the Cape. We will have lunch overlooking the water and then free time on the beach, followed by a cooking class at night.
- Day 5– Tour of the Castle of Roccadaspide built in 1242 by Fredrick II and passed down to the Duke Ettore Giuliani who will give us the tour himself. Afterwards, we’ll take a trip to the city of Agropoli where we’ll explore the city and eat at a local trattoria. Later that, we’ll make our own pizzas in a traditional wood-fire pizza oven!
- Day 6– A free day to roam the Amalfi Coast as you like. We will also provide a list of things to do in the area with a list of vegan friendly places to eat, and you are also welcome to come with us if you don’t want to explore on your own.
- Day 7 – On our last day, we’ll be stopping in Pompeii for a 2 hour guided tour followed by a stop at Paestum, where we can walk down the street to see the three temples of this ancient Greek colony.
- Day 8– Transfer to the Naples airport.